Saturday, 27 September 2014

Music Video Timeline

Hello!

As we are beginning to plan our own music video I have decided to make a time line of a music video in our genre. I took Taylor Swift's song '22' and wrote down all the different shots and settings on a timeline for the first half of the song. (Two versus, One chorus) 

You can see my work attached below:



From this I learnt:

  • The video is focused on three or four main settings/ideas which are spread over the whole video
  • The artist is always in the focus (middle)
  • There are a lot of close up/mid shots of the artist
  • The artist changes clothes a few times
  • The video has both day and night in it (as though the video was filmed over a day)
This has definitely given me some ideas for when we make our own music videos.

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment